Recover Any Lost or Deleted Files from Android Phone with Wondershare Dr.Fone
There are certain situations when you might accidentally delete some important files from your phone or the data might get lost due to virus attack, factory reset, system crashes, and so on. It can be really stressful to lose it especially when you realized that you didn’t have it backed up on your computer or external hard drive.
If you’ve accidentally lost important data on your Android phone, don’t panic because there’s a chance to get them back by using Dr.Fone for Android.
Dr.Fone for Android is a powerful Android data recovery program for PC developed by Wondershare Software Co., Ltd. The PC software is capable of recovering files such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, audio files, documents, WhatsApp history, as well as call history.
With Dr.Fone for Android, you can easily retrieve all your lost or deleted files from almost any Android phones and tablets from Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC, Huawei, etc. You can see the complete list of supported devices from Wondershare’s official website here.
How to Recover Lost or Deleted Files by using Dr.Fone
Recovering deleted files with Dr.Fone app is very easy. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you’ll be able to recover deleted files from your Android device.
- Download and install the trial version of Dr.Fone on your PC. The trial version is only able to scan for deleted files. To recover the deleted files, you’ll need to buy the full version. It’s better if you use the trial version first in order to see if the app is working fine on your PC. Also, to see if there are any deleted files that can be recovered with the app.
- Launch the Dr.Fone app on your PC
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android device.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development. Tick on “USB debugging”.
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Go to Settings -> Developer options. Tick on “USB debugging”.
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Go to Settings -> About Phone. Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a message “You are under developer mode”. Back to Settings ->Developer options. Tick on “USB debugging”.
- Connect your Android device to your PC using a micro USB cable. In case you do not have USB drivers installed, the software will automatically install it for you.
- Wait until your device is connected. Once it’s connected, the name of your device should appear in the top left corner of the app. Click on the ‘Start’ button to start analyzing your device for deleted files. If your device is not rooted, the program will directly start scanning your device. If your Android device has root access, tap on the ‘Allow’ button in the SuperUser message pop-up on your Android device.
- You would see all the types of files that can be recovered by the app. For saving time, select only the types of files that you need to recover and click ‘Next’.
- Since you want to find the deleted files only, choose the ‘Scan for deleted files’ mode and click ‘Next’. If you can’t find the deleted files with the Standard mode, then try the ‘Advanced mode’ but it may takes more time to scan.
- The software will start to scan for the deleted files on your Android device, and while the scanning process continues, the deleted files will be automatically appear under different tabs that are categorized according to their files types like Contacts, Messaging, WhatsApp, Gallery, Videos, Audio and Documents. You can always stop the scan if you already found the files that you need.
- Select the files that you want to recover by clicking on the checkbox next to each file name. You can also preview the file by tapping on a particular file and the preview will be available on the right. Files in Orange color are the ones that were deleted while the ones in Black color were available on your Android device. If you just want to display the deleted or lost data, just toggle ‘Only display deleted items’ to ON at the top of window.
- Click on the ‘Recover’ button after selecting your desired files. For registered users, you’ll get a popup asking for a location to save the recovered files.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button, select the directory where you want the recovered files to be saved and press the ‘Recover’ button to start the recovery process. The app will now start recovering your selected files. Depending on the amount of files that you’re going to recover, this process will take several minutes.
If you have any doubts, you can watch the video below for a quick tutorial on how to recover deleted files with Dr.Fone for Android.
Dr.Fone for Android is the perfect solution to recover any lost or deleted files from your Android devices. The full software costs about $49.95 (lifetime license and supports up to 5 devices) but it’s totally worth investing in. It’s simple to use, supports a wide array of files format and devices, and the most important is that it gives you peace of mind.